Starting on 13th December 2016, all food packaging must indicate 7 particular nutrition data in accordance with the European Union Regulation No. 1169/2011. They are energy value, fat, saturated fatty acids, saccharides, sugars, protein and salt contents. That is why we have developed Etiketomat, an effective program, that calculates nutrition values of given food once the recipe is entered.
Etiketomat is based on food databases that are continuously amended.
It uses data of:
- Czech database of food composition that is administered by the Institute of Agricultural Economics and Information together with the Food Research Institute Prague.
- Slovak Food Data Bank of the Food Research Institute.
- English CoFID database of Public Health England of the Ministry of Health of Great Britain.
- German publication of Food Composition and Nutrition Tables issued by German Ministry of Agriculture (8th issue of 2016, authors: Souci, Fachmann, Kraut).
- Danish Food Data database.
- Unique tool for calculation of nutrition values.
- Nutrition values for your label while you wait.
- Free testing.
- You will be assured that you have complied with a legal obligation.
- You enter receipt for the food and you get nutrition information immediately.
Easy and fast working without high costs
The main benefit of Etiketomat is the fact that it provides the resulting data immediately while the amounts of costs are in hundreds of Czech koruna. Compared to laboratory tests, it really is a significant saving. Non-negligible value for many food producers is the fact that they do not have to provide any third party with their product recipe, which is the greatest confidentiality of their company. The system, naturally, allows saving of each calculation done or print the data immediately.
Calculation of nutrition values complies with all legislative standards
- European Parliament and Council Regulation (EU) No. 1169/2011 of 25th October 2011, on provision of information on food to consumers.
- Regulation No. 450/2004 Coll., on indication of nutrition value of food.
- European Parliament and Council (EC) No. 1924/2006, on nutrition and health claims when labelling food.
- Act No. 110/1997 Coll., on foodstuffs and tobacco products.
Read interesting facts about nutrition values
- Article Na cestě od výrobce přes obchodníka ke spotřebiteli in the Retail Info Plus magazine.
- Article O výživových hodnotách na počkání in the Retail News magazine.