Starting on 13th December 2016, all food packaging must indicate 7 particular nutrition data in accordance with the European Union Regulation No. 1169/2011. They are energy value, fat, saturated fatty acids, saccharides, sugars, protein and salt contents. That is why we have developed Etiketomat, an effective program, that calculates nutrition values of given food once the recipe is entered.
Etiketomat is based on food databases that are continuously amended.
It uses data of:
- Czech database of food composition that is administered by the Institute of Agricultural Economics and Information together with the Food Research Institute Prague.
- Slovak Food Data Bank of the Food Research Institute.
- English CoFID database of Public Health England of the Ministry of Health of Great Britain.
- German publication of Food Composition and Nutrition Tables issued by German Ministry of Agriculture (8th issue of 2016, authors: Souci, Fachmann, Kraut).
- Danish Food Data database.