Search term must have more than 2 characters.
On 9th June 2016, an amendment to the Act No. 110/1997 Coll., on food and tobacco products, was published. We prepared several important facts the amendment is about:
- New definitions (e.g. sales section) and definitions of the kinds of tobacco were added.
- Obligations of food business operators were extended for storage of food and excluding food from market.
- Notification requirements concerning export of vegetables and marketing of vegetables are extended.
- Big retailers' obligation to indicate the percentage of the sources of 5 best-selling food is cancelled.
- Small amount of food, in which nutrition data does not have to be stated is defined.
- Obligations of food business operators that provide catering services were extended (e.g. indicate name of food, volume, shelf-life and storage conditions).
- The conditions for labelling products with name and logo of “Česká potravina” are set.
- Safety food sold by big producers that are not in compliance with legislation (must be specified in what) may be provided to social and charity services free of charge.
- The part relating to tobacco and tobacco products is entirely reworked.
- Competencies of inspection authorities are more specific. Inspection activity is extended for the Ministry of Defence. Information obligations of the Directorate-General of Customs are extended.
- The notification obligation for provision of information within the RASFF system and the rules of compensation for product assessment are anchored.
- The list of administrative offences is extended.
- The areas that will be amended by ordinances are extended.